Wednesday, September 21, 2011

10 Happenings in My Class!!

Some interesting things have occurred in the past two weeks. Hope you enjoy!!

1. I taught a child how to tie his shoe laces
2. I taught a child how to write her name
3. My student bought me the cutest necklace just because he felt like it and surprised me with it :)
4. I have almost completed my lesson on the planets and I can't wait because next the children get to make their own solar system!!!
5. The children LOVE Yoga!! One child is chosen per week to be the yoga instructor and they do a wonderful job even when "I'm not looking" :)
6. I have taught my class 5 new songs!!!
7. I have one child that requests a hug from me about 20 times a day :) and I love every one of them!!
8. I helped a child learn how to cope with things that make her really upset by giving her the right words or the opportunity to have a voice and express her feelings to others using the peace flower or several other ways
9. I have a child that loves flower arranging and our classroom is so beautiful because of this!
10. My class now has banana slicing and they love it!!! After they eat their banana, they must wash their dishes and prepare the lesson so that it's complete for the next person.

Stay tuned for more new and exciting things happening as I continue my journey down the Montessori path!!!

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment